Come along to our virtual information evening and learn more about our Upper Secondary School / Gymnasium and chat with our staff and students!
HOW TO JOIN
All you need to join is a computer, phone or tablet and an Internet connection. If you don’t have Microsoft Teams installed on your phone or tablet, you have to install the App first (it’s free). If you are logging in from a PC or Mac, you can open Microsoft Teams in your browser (Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome) without installing the App.
When you are ready, you simply click on the links in the live chat programme below.
VIDEOS AND OTHER MATERIALS
Before the virtual information evening starts, we encourage you to view some of our videos and presentations so you know what questions you would like to ask us. The videos will be available below on Friday 15th January.
- Welcome and introduction to the European School Copenhagen
- Virtual tour of the school
- Information about the European Baccalaureate, Subjects and Study Guidance Programme
- Danish as Language 1 and Language 3
- English as Language 1 and Language 2
- German as Language 2 and Language 3
- French as Language 2 and Language 3
- Maths – Standard Level
- Maths – Advanced Level
- History taught in English
- Geography and History taught in French
- Geography taught in German
LIVE CHAT PROGRAMME ON THE 19th JANUARY
You log in to the different chatrooms in Microsoft Teams by clicking on the links below. You can visit the chatrooms in any order you like, for as long as you wish, any time between 19:00-21:00 on the 19th January.
It is important that you mute your microphone when you log in, but please activate your camera so we can see each other. If you wish to ask a question, please write your question in the chat or “raise your hand”.
You can see the most important functions in Microsoft Teams in the picture below (left to right: attendees, chat function , raise hand function, dots for different settings, camera function, microphone function, share your screen, hang up). If you click on the picture, you will be directed to Microsoft’s help page.
CHATROOMS OPEN BETWEEN 19:00-21:00 (CLICK ON THE LINKS TO JOIN)
Chat with our management, administrative staff and study counsellor:
- School Vision, Mission & Values: Live chat with Julie Thom, Deputy Director
- Subject Options, Study Guidance and the European School System: Live chat with Mette Sophie Skærlund, Study Counsellor
- Admissions: Live chat with Helen Pedersen, Upper Secondary Secretary, and Stine Hvitved Leather, Akademisk Medarbejder
Chat with our students
- Student Council & Social Activities: Live chat with Alice, Saar, Alisha and Anna
- Subject Q&A with students in the English language section: Live chat with Connor, Ellen and Sofie
- Subject Q&A with students in the Danish language section: Live chat with Nikoline, Thorbjørn, Sebastian and Laurits
Chat with our teachers
- Danish as L1 and L3 and Music: Live chat with Daniel Konge Henriksen (Danish and English speaking)
- English as Language 1 and Language 2: Live chat with Des Hughes (English speaking)
- German as L2 and L3: Live chat with Daniela Thiel (German and English speaking)
- French as L2 and L3: Live chat with Nathalie Henricy-Bauernfeind (French and English speaking)
- Geography and History (taught in L2): Live chat with Julie Lesbre og Bob van Leeuwen (French and English speaking)
- Standard and Advanced Maths and ICT: Live chat with Sukhraj Singh (English speaking)
- Chemistry and Standard Maths: Live chat with Hans Bolvinkel (Danish and English speaking)
- Physics and Advanced Maths: Live chat with Johan Lindell (Danish and English speaking)
- Biology and PE: Live chat with Signe Severinsen (Danish and English speaking) and Tim Ford (English speaking)
- Art: Live chat with Rasmus Greiner (Danish and English speaking)
- Spanish as Language 4: Live chat with Raphaël Maringue
(Philosophy, Language 5: Chinese, Religion and Political Science are taught in Secondary 6 and 7 and study guidance will be provided in S5)
IF YOU MISSED OUR INFORMATION EVENING
If you missed our information evening, you can always access the videos and presentations. You are also welcome to call our admissions hotline on +45 3614 0190 Mondays and Tuesdays from 9-10 am. We also have an additional Q&A event in February – see details below:
Q&A event on Tuesday 9th February from 13:00-15:00:
- Chatroom about admissions – Helen Pedersen & Stine Hvitved Leather
- Chatroom about the study programme and subject choices – Mette Sophie Skærlund