The European School Copenhagen offers one year of nursery class. Most children start nursery class the year they turn 6. To be admitted in the nursery class at the European School Copenhagen the child must be at least 4 years and 10 months on August 1st before the school start in August.
The nursery class at the European School Copenhagen follows the values and educational principles of the European Schools’ Early Education curriculum.
The Early Education is designed to:
- prepare children for a happy, healthy, responsible, and successful life
- develop children’s personality and abilities
- support children’s learning potential
- build up respect for others and the environment
- respect and appreciate children’s own cultural and social identity, its values and those of others
- promote a European spirit.
Early Education is a fundamental part of life long education and learning and its central role is to support children’s growth into ethical and responsible members of society. Teaching and learning in the early years supports and monitors children’s physical and psychological wellbeing, including social, cognitive and emotional development and helps to prevent any difficulties that may arise by creating the best possible learning opportunities.
Read more at the European Schools website about: