Sankt Annæ Gymnasium has published its 2017 Year in Review (SAG Årsskrift 2017), which includes a summary of the key activities and events at the European School Copenhagen this past school year.
The full Year in Review is available only in Danish, but here are the highlights of the year in English:
- Since the school was established, it has doubled in size – in terms of pupils, parents, teachers and pedagogues.
- There were eight classes from Nursery through Primary 3 with a total of more than 200 pupils.
- The school has two language sections, an English and a Danish section, but the pupils and staff speak many other languages as well.
- The children in Primary 3 started “European Hours” lessons, where the children are taught in mixed teams across nationalities and language.
- The school purchased three pianos and established its own European School Choir.
- Construction of the school’s new school building in Carlsberg Byen continued and is progressing to plan and everyone is looking forward to see the final building.
- In May 2017, the school officially established its own After School Care, which helps ensure continuity and alignment between school and after school care activities.
- As a Save the Children ambassador school, we celebrated Children’s Rights Day and held our annual wellbeing day.
- The school developed a shared vision with Sankt Annæ Gymnasium. The school also developed values for the school, involving all the school’s key stakeholders – pupils, staff, parents and Board – in the process.
- The annual environment theme week took place in April and this year the theme was: All about water. Activities included dance, fishing, science experiments, art workshops and more.
- In the spring, the school could congratulate its chess team for winning medals in both the Copenhagen Chess Championships and Danish Chess Championships!
- After two years at Skolen i Sydhavnen, it was time to say goodbye and move to a new temporary location at Kirsebærhavens Skole in Valby until the new school building in Carlsberg Byen is completed.
Thank you for a great school year!